[C320-list] Mainsail track

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Tue Jul 29 18:13:36 PDT 2008

We have the Strong track and it made no difference is getting the sail up.
There are just too many turns and too much friction in the system.  My
8-year old grandson can easily raise the main from the mast but back in the
cockpit, I still need the winch for the last several feet.  On Sea Shadow,
the rope clutch is set so that the main halyard does not run fair to the
winch, setting up another source of annoying friction.  But the main drops
like a stone...

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD