[C320-list] Knot Meter Replacement

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 22 17:54:03 PDT 2008

Mike, thank you for your candor. Be careful what you ask for, you might get
it.

Paul, Raymarine sells a knotmeter transducer fixer upper kit that consists
of a paddle wheel and a slew of o-rings. Can't tell you the part # cause
it's in my dock box at the lake. Raymarine also sells the entire speed
transducer and will tell you to install it with no splices or mods. Have
been told that a well done splice job (waterproof) will not affect the
impedence or the performance, hence you don't need to pull the wire all the
way to the knotmeter. Compared to a GPS speed my boat knotmeter prefers a
port tack to starboard. Don't know why but if I want to impress someone with
my blistering speed I do it on a port tack and turn off the GPS.

Monte
Laima #620