[C320-list] Main Halyard

Irving Grunes igrunes at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:13:26 PDT 2008

Randy,
We got some fish line (string type rather than nylon )and three or four
little fish weights separated an inch or so apart to drop over the sheave at
the top of the mast ans small enough to fish thru the mast halyard hole..  A
coathanger with a little hook bent onto the end fished the line out.
Remember to sew the messenger line to the halyard, do not try to depend on
tape only unless you want to fish the line a second time.

Before you drop the line over the sheave, drop the line outside the mast to
see how much you have to drop to get it below the mast exit hole.

But to have a rigger go up and check all of the mast top items is not a bad
idea if it hasn't been done in a while.

Irv Grunes