[C320-list] Best way to quickly clean the hull?

catalina at thehares.com catalina at thehares.com
Thu May 22 07:56:09 PDT 2008

To add to what Jon said,  I really suggest you try Collinite 920
fiberglass cleaner then a coat of Fleetwax 885 Paste.

Tried other things in the past, nothing comes close to this combo.  The
920 cleaner takes off the scumline stain, exhaust soot and black streaks
quite easily and you'll be amazed how white the gelcoat comes out.  It
also takes the chalky look out of the topside gelcoat, then follow up with
a coat of wax.

Fleetwax lasts a long time, and doing the cleaner/wax procedure next year
is easier.

I'm hooked and people are always asking what I'm using to clean off the
streaks.

-Jeff

PS:  Either order fleetwax online, or print out Boater's world online
store listing and take it to WestMarine.  They'll match the price.  WM
charges almost $10 more for fleetwax than everyone else.   WM only price
Matches Boater's world and one other store whose name I can't recall.

-JeffH