[C320-list] Hull Sanding

Gates argates2nd at comcast.net
Tue May 27 23:35:06 PDT 2008

Bruce,
I sanded to the gel coat a year ago and I would say it was a 50 hour,
difficult and dirty job - even though I used a good Boch sander with dust
collector and quality sanding disks.  We fixed many small blisters and then
applied 4 coats of Petit Interlux 2000 barrier coat before 2 coats of
Trinidad SR bottom paint.  The racing performance this past year was much
better.
Based upon what I paid for a FG man to do the blisters and some others to
help with the sanding, I think 2.7k is reasonable, especially if you include
the pull, launch, and boatyard charges -- I was 11 days in a do it yourself
boatyard in FL.  Rollie  #182   Charlotte Harbor, FL