[C320-list] Hull Sanding

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Wed May 28 05:43:54 PDT 2008

When you need to take all the bottom paint off, down to the gel coat,
try Peel-Away. I did and it took nine years of paint off. Buy it at Home
Depot and save nearly 50%. Follow directions - first, put down a tarp,
spread the Peel-Away on with something
that has teeth, put on the special paper and go home for the day. Early the
next morning bring a four inch broad knife, run it along the bottom and most
if not all of the paint will be on top of the tarp. Roll up the tarp and put it
in the trash. The next part depends - you can scrub it in which case lots of
paint will be on the ground or let it dry and then sand. But even if you do
wash the bottom, it still requires sanding, #80.

It really did worked for me.

Paul
657 Affinity
PS - Interlux 2000/2001 calls for five coats doesn't it?