[C320-list] FW: Re: Re: a/c winterizing

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 06:15:46 PST 2008

Nuff' said

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan S. Field [mailto:allan.field at verizon.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 8:23 PM
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Subject: Re: [C320-list] FW: Re: Re: a/c winterizing

Warren - I was in an Ace Hardware store yesterday and saw what you purchased.  You bought Arctic Ban, a blend of ethyl alcohol, glycol, denaturants, colorant and water.  At $3.79 retail, it is not for engine use and good only for marine and RV water supply systems.  And it is pink. What most of us purchase is the "pink stuff" from West Marine that goes for $5.00 per bottle (with a $1.00 rebate up to 12 bottles) but IS acceptable for engine use and does not contain ethyl alcohol.  So simply stating that "pink stuff" is not acceptable for the engine is incorrect unless you know what kind of pink stuff you are talking about.  Nuff' said? - Allan