[C320-list] Yanmar Silent Recall- How to get Yanmar or Catalinaattention

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Mon Nov 24 09:17:19 PST 2008

Call Frank Butler.

Cheers,

Dick Walker
C-320 (687) WindWalker II
740 Olive Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118-2136
619.435.8986

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of David Marecek
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 9:05 AM
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] Yanmar Silent Recall- How to get Yanmar or
Catalinaattention

Island Dream is a 2004 C320 with a Yanmar 3YM30 Diesel.  I have had a
discussion going on overheating problems and had many suggestions which
were tracked down and applied.

I changed Service Providers this year and they have now confirmed I have
the undersize heat exchanger in the motor. Yanmar had a silent recall on
the heat exchanger, and confirms a design flaw. The service provider has
tried to apply the recall and were refused

Yanmar has stated they will not invoke the silent recall as this issue
is stale. 4 years isn't that long on a known design flaw in an engine,
and 2 of those years was trying to get previous service provider to take
this problem seriously.

Cost of parts alone is well over $1000, so this is not a minor upgrade

Does anyone have any suggestions on who to contact at Yanmar or Catalina
to solve this, or any approaches to get their attention. I am surprised
that for a few hundred $ cost, they would risk their reputation .

Thanks for any input

Dave Marecek
Island Dream