[C320-list] Head sink connection

Jack McDonough mcdonough5 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 1 12:15:28 PDT 2008

    In my 2003 Catalina 320, the plastic tubing from the fresh water tank is connected to the stainless steel faucet intake under the head sink by a hard plastic connector. This connector has leaked from time to time, causing the pump to run as long as the water pressure switch is turned on. I have managed to stop the leak several times after much trial and error by turning the connector's wing-nut adjustment or a hex-type adjustment. It's never clear which I should be adjusting nor is it clear which way I should be turning either one. And, of course, this connector is very difficult to reach.
    Has anyone had similar problems and, if so, any suggestions for solving them? (I have been thinking about replacing the connector with a section of tubing that could be tightened with hose clamps.)

Jack
Sure Bet