[C320-list] Windspeed/Direction Questions

Melissa&Larry Leibman theleibmans at verizon.net
Sun Oct 12 07:43:57 PDT 2008

While at the masthead this weekend, I noticed a fitting with a forward facing screw-connection. I do not have the Raytheon ST50/60 windspeed/direction instruments on my 320 but I'm assuming this is a pre-wire and connection for this option.

Does anyone know if this is in fact the case? Is the cabling run down the mast on boats even without this option and if so where does it terminate? Is installation as simple as donating my hard-earned cash to Raytheon for the masthead sensor and display, connecting the sensor to the masthead screw-connection and connecting the the display at the NavPod?

Thanks,
Larry