[C320-list] Mainsail Hard to Raise/Lower

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Tue Oct 28 13:43:27 PDT 2008

MY two cents.

I have not had any problems with the CS product.  However you can have a
problem if the boom is too for below horizontal when you furl or unfurl.  I
keep WindWalker II at 80 degrees.  Also too much tension on the mail halyard
can cause too much friction and make the job very hard.  Also it is
important to come in the wind.

Some of the problems have been caused by a poor commissioning at the time
the boat was new.

Gerry Douglas told me that we ordered the first C-320 with the furling main.
This was 9 years ago.

Cheers,

Dick Walker
C-320 (687) WindWalker II