[C320-list] Gate Plate

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 20:02:52 PDT 2008

Jack-I had some minor troubles with the slugs catching on the gate plate
when my 2002 was first commissioned.  It has the Charleston mast.  I ended
up bending and filing the gate plate just a little and have had no problems
the last 6 seasons.  Take a look at where the slugs touch the plate going up
and down and adjust accordingly.

I clean the sail track and lubricate the slugs and track before spring
launch and once every month squirt a little Harken lube on the slugs.  The
only trip to the mast is to attach the halyard.  Hand raising to the top is
done in the cockpit and luff tension is done using the secondary winch.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894