[C320-list] Gate Plate

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 03:14:38 PDT 2008

My experience matches Bob's except when we bought # 867, we haad problems
initially because the dealer had lost the gate and replaced it with a door
strike plate. After getting the proper gate and taking a little time
installing it, we have had no problem raising the main from the cockpit. I
set the top of the gate at the edge of the slot but not in it and the bottom
about 1.5 mm to starboard. A little sailkote on the slugs and first few feet
of slot a couple times a year helps a bunch. Freeing up the reef lines by
installing blocks at the cringles really made the last few feet consistently
much easier also.

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC