[C320-list] Mid-ship cleats

Chuck and Kathy katchu at chartermi.net
Sun Apr 5 13:54:10 PDT 2009

Jeff: This looks like a great solution as the cleats are out of the way.  If
you just drill down straight through the rail, the bolts are accessible?  I
just assumed that I would need to move it inboard.  By the way, I looked at
all that you have done on Idlewild and you have an impressive set of
modifications.  Thanks for the help.

Chuck Mueller
Northwind 676
Holland, MI

Jeff wrote:
Check out the link below. These worked very well and the installation
was not bad. The rail is over 1 1/2" of solid glass. Just backup with
standard washers. There isn't room under there for a backing plate. I
used a 2-bolt open base cleat that has a fairly narrow base so that it
fit the width of the rail. I think the ones that I used were 6" Perko
cleats. Catalina Direct has some 8" cleats that might work.

http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=2008111613372
1965

JeffC