[C320-list] Mid-ship cleats

Jeff Church jc387 at att.net
Sun Apr 5 14:46:02 PDT 2009

Chuck,

If you remove a wire chase cover you can find where one of the center
bolts for a stanchion is drilled straight down through the rail. Then
you will know where you are headed with this project. Space is very
tight and a bit difficult to access, but overall it's well worth the
effort. I drilled a hole with a small drill bit to make sure I had the
correct angle into the center of the space below the rail, then I
drilled the larger holes. I did this project a few years ago, so I don't
remember what I needed in the way of tools, but I do remember that the
biggest challenge was to fish a washer, lock washer, and nut onto the
bolt in that very small space under the deck flange. You might need to
bend an open end wrench, glue or tape the hardware to it, and then fish
the whole assembly up to the bolt. I think I had to cut each bolt to
length too.

If you don't want to bother with this project, I'd suggest that you put
a car/cleat on the genoa track rather than installing the cleat through
the deck.

Good luck

JeffC