[C320-list] Re Batteries & Fridge

Irving Grunes igrunes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:42:03 PDT 2009

Brad,
No sense FREAKING

It is not advisable to ever have the batteries on both because then the
higher battery will try to charge toe lower battery with the end result two
lower batteries.
If you try to start the engine and either of the batteries won't do it
independently, then connect to both to get a little more power. Keep them on
both until you stop the engine and go back to 1 or 2
If you are out and know you will be running the engine for a while, then put
the batteries to both so the engine generator will be charging both. As soon
as you stop the engine go back to 1 or 2

Re the fridge. When in the slip, with the charger on, the charger is
connected to each battery independently.so there is no advantage to having
them on both. So leave the switch on one or two
If you leave the fridge on and for some reason you lose dock power, the
charger turns off and the fridge will just knock down the one battery and
not both. Thats why you only want one battery on.

At our slip on Sue Creek, the dock power is very sensitive to lightening and
so we just don't leave the fridge on.  And since the fridge cools off
quickly, and  by the time we want a beer, its cold.

Hope this helps the question on the battery switch position

Irv Grunes
2001 #851