[C320-list] Knot meter cleaning.... In water?

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Tue Aug 25 09:28:13 PDT 2009

When we got our new MKII, I went out in quiet still water and ploted
SOG vs knotmeter reading to pick my correction factor. I found that
the correction factor varied linearly with speed. It appears that the
efficiency of the paddle changes with speed. I picked a conversion
factor that made the knotmeter spot on at a typical sailing speed

Sent from my iPhone
John