[C320-list] Overheating solution

Bruce Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Sat Jan 10 17:26:00 PST 2009

Jim,

Glad to hear you fixed the problem and, especially, came back and told us
what you did to resolve the problem.

Bruce Stumpp
#647, Adventure
Frog Mortar Creek, MD

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:53:56 -0500
From: "james_delong" <james_delong at bellsouth.net>
Subject: [C320-list] Overheating solution
To: <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com>

Gents,
Some weeks ago I posted a question on an overheating problem.  Many great
comments were provided.

One, remove the hose at the heat exchanger to see if good water pressure
existed there, proved to isolate the problem...it was before the exchanger.
So, although it looked good, I replaced the impeller.  Still little
pressure, so we backed up and checked each component in the system. Hoses,
strainer, then the seacock.

After removing the hose to the seacock and sticking a wire hanger down it,
we had great flow.

The moral to the story is to start at the beginning, not somewhere in the
middle!

Thanks to all for great suggestions!

Jim  #453