[C320-list] 2004 C320 - Mast

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Sun Jul 12 08:27:14 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

The countdown for my 320 is in the single digits.  We had a "bump in the road" for financing, (no it wasn't my credit) and we had to push to the week of the 20th for delivery.

My new to me boat will arrive via truck, and the mast will be re-stepped at the marina after she goes into the water.

Here is my question.  I got to be "ok" with tensioning my single spreader configuration on the C&C.

What do people do in the spring to tune the rig after its been taken down for the winter?  Did Catalina come up with a "put the turnbuckle here" type owner friendly solution?  I am guessing not but hey anything is possible.  If it's not that easy, what are people doing after sticks go back on the boat?  I have a Loos, but may be too small for the "Catagory A" shrouds....

I am also going to join the association shortly.  What a bargain.

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006
Middle River, MD