[C320-list] Fwd: Re: Top off charge for batteries

Karl Mielenhausen _/) c320 at suddenlink.net
Mon Jun 1 11:04:20 PDT 2009

Rick,

OK... that's much more energy and probably will crank OK.
However, it's not a bad idea to use the multistage charger before you
launch as the alternator never will quite take the batteries to full
charge.
I'd water them first in any event.
Turn your main AC breaker ON in the rear port quarter lazarette (opposite
to where the shorepower plug is).
On the electrical panel, turn on the AC breaker and the charger/inverter
switch ON.
Make sure the water heater is OFF.
Then when they plug you in, the batteries should charge. Battery position
switch is unimportant as the charger leads are led right to the batteries.

Karl