[C320-list] In-mast Furling

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:01:33 PDT 2009

In-Mast is the easiest (I understand the vertical battens can have problems
fitting into the Mast and some prefer to take them out)
In-Mast does not point as high and I think carries a smaller Main.

In-Boom has a lower centre of gravity over In-Mast (a consideration for
heavy weather sailing)
In-Boom is (like the Standard Rig) still having to raise the Main.

Standard Rig with Boom Bag and Battens is better performance and not too
hard to manage.
Standard Rig with Dutchman ... others say the love-it / while others say
otherwise.

Bruce Stanley
C320 #1084 / In-Mast Rig