[C320-list] Engine cover latch

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:23:48 PST 2010

I put handles on the fwd engine cover. I have the impression that the cover
may have a slight hollow between the exterior and interior surfaces, or at
least between the top and inside surface.  I recommend using washers under
the screw heads on the inside to prevent them being pulled through.
Depending on the type of handle you use, you might also consider them on the
outside.  I put one handle on the right side where it angles toward the
refer, and the other on the left rear.  (Left/right as looking aft at the
cover.)  No question about it, removing the cover is a snap with the
handles.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr de Mar"