[C320-list] Water heater hose change out

LOCALJG at aol.com LOCALJG at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 19:34:14 PDT 2010

Whilst puttering around under the hood, I noticed small cracks in the hose
that takes hot engine coolant from the engine to the hot water heater.  The
 hose that comes back to the engine from the water heater seems to be ok?

I followed the hose from the engine till it disappeared into the port
bulkhead and I presume it simply runs behind the bulkhead, behind the oven  and
into the water heater?

My questions are: 1)  how long does the hose in question usually  last?  My
boat is 14 years old.  2)  In order to change out the  hose, will I have to
pull out the hot water heater from under the  sink?

After looking at the location of the hot water heater, I believe I have
already answered my second question?  I don't see any way around  it.

John G.
Hull #329