[C320-list] Water heater hose change out

Amshd2 amshd2 at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 20:32:48 PDT 2010

John

I replaced both hoses on my 94 #30 last year.  Mine were starting o show their age small cracks here and there the ends were striating to get hard and split ect .

I replaced both at the same time.  One reason is that you have to remove the hot water heater in order to get the old ones off and the new ones on.  Glad I made that decision because they started falling apart were they connected to the hot water heater when I started working on them.

First drain as much anti freeze as you can and be ready to drain more when you disconnect the hoses.

Be sure the Hot water heater is off.  It is eiser to just cut old hosesoff then remove the Hot water.

I removed the old ones and took one to WM.   They were easy to run.  It helps to remove the small storage compartment under the oven.

While I had the Hot water heater disconnected I took it out and flushed it ashore.  Couldn't believe all the crud that came out.

Tony