[C320-list] belt tensioner

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 08:37:35 PST 2011

Does anyone know a source for a belt tensioner tool? The kind with the 2
semicircles on the ends that rest on the pulleys and are connected by an
adjustable rod. I used to use one to adjust alternator and fan belt on Chevys
before the serpentine belts with idlers etc made things difficult (showing my
age) and they were great when working alone. I'm tired of using  a broom stick
and pry bar to adjust the Yanmar belts. I've tried JC Whitney, Harbor Freight,
Northern Tool and a couple of others without success. Should have kept the ones
I had!

Jim Brown