[C320-list] Schaefer 2100 furler maintenanc

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 06:55:39 PST 2011

To add to the comments of the others:

Shaeffer was helpful and responsive.
I did the job by myself, but I am a very big boy and, as noted,
reassembly would be much easier with an extra set of hands.
I had no problems with the screws, but if you do have a problem, WD-40
is not a good penetrating solvent, use Kroil, Toyopeen, otherwise
known as Toyota High Performance Penetrating Lubricant or PB-Blaster
You have to take the sail off the furler, use that halyard or your
spinnaker halyard attached to a bow cleat as a temporary stay.
Be very careful..you have to remove the parts and repalce them from
under the unit...if you drop a screw or ahlf of the drum guard, it
will go in the water.

I wish I had taken photo's, but left the camera sitting on the
foredeck while concentrating on the project...dumb of me....

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC