[C320-list] Battery Hook Up - House Bank

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:45:29 PDT 2011

There is one important consideration regarding using the house bank for starting, as Dave does.  If your house battery bank consists of two PURE DEEP CYCLE 4Ds (as is my case), they can be damaged in several ways by using them to crank over the engine.  If you have two HYBRID 4Ds, then using the bank for starting is OK, but you sacrifice some
amp hour capacity with the hybrid batteries.  Primary difference is the plate construction, starting plates are fewer and thicker (suited to high current short time) and deep cycle plates are more numerous but thinner (suited to low current for prolonged time).  Just my thoughts to consider.  Alan Hull 67 Holland MI