[C320-list] Stern Cleats

Jason Alexander alexander.jason at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 05:31:07 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Our slip faces east/west and if we are bow in we're facing east.  This
is an issue in the afternoon as the sun cooks the cockpit and inside
he cabin.   So we've started backing into our slip. The issue I'm
having is that due to the way the cleats are setup we have to cross
our stern lines and that means they end up coming up and over the
transom and in between the rear pulput and backstay.   I put chafe
protection on the line to protect it but I noticed that after a week I
was getting a slight rub on the gel coat.    Anyone else back into
their slip, and have some wisdom to share.

Thanks,
Jason