[C320-list] United Marine Underwriters

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:12:19 PDT 2011

Hello Jason, or is it George?  I was with BoatUS for years and left after
(storm) Isabel when their rates went through the roof.  I then took a policy
with Progressive through the USAA Agency until their rates kept going up.
I'm now with Erie Insurance a Pennsylvania Co.  They write coverage in 11
states and the District of Columbia. From New York to North Carolina and
from Wisconsin to Tennessee.  It's a decent policy for my needs on the
Chesapeake Bay and the company is well respected.  BoatUS now offers the
disappearing deductable as does Progressive; but, BoatUS wants a survey on
older boats. I wasn't going for that.

You don't say where you are.  Location makes a big difference in available
coverage and premiums.
Warren Updike