[C320-list] Battery Bank Upgrade - Which starting battery??

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 20 12:55:20 PDT 2011

Karl and Warren:  Thank you for the advice.  It seemed that 500+ amps was excessive, maybe I am reading the Perkins shop book incorrectly (Warren, see Electrical Section VI, the table titled "Starter Motor Specifications" which I think says "60 amps or less non-loading" and "540 amps or less loading".  I assume un-loading is just cranking the starter and loading is starter and engine?).  Anyway, you both recommend 300 amps or less, so I'll go with that recommendation.  Warren, next time you are at your boat, would you please check the rating of the fuse you have installed.  Karl, I saw the 'post mounted fuse' in the Blue Sea catalog and thought "way cool !!".  But I needed to extend the length of my "+" cable going to the new start battery location, so using the in-line fuse holder as a 'junction' allowed me to easily add 12 inches length to the cable (I had "Genuine Dealz" make me the cable with the terminals and shrink tube all fabricated ... excellent place to by electrical stuff).  About 40 days to go until launch !!!!!    Alan;  Hull #67;  Holland MI