[C320-list] New topic...jammed main roller furler on 2002

Barbara Uhlman uhlman at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 22 07:41:30 PDT 2011

That happened to us once last year also.  I worked the outhaul on the winch
while Bob and another man pulled gently but firmly on first the clew and then
the leech.  Back and forth, outhaul and clew/leech.  Eventually, we got it out
without damage to the sail, but we were plenty worried for awhile.  We
too determined that it had been furled loosely.  Furling sails are great, but
you must pay close attention to tension on all lines while furling/unfurling.

Barb Uhlman
Whisper, #1158