[C320-list] 1998 Chainplate rust

Peggy Kleinert peggy.kleinert at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 23:35:53 PDT 2012

I have a 1998. I have a small amount of rust around one of the chainplates
but found it was due to water leaking in the porthole hatch just above it
and running down the inside. Had it checked by a rigger and he said there
was no leaking around the chainplate. Once I fixed the hatch leak, no more
water appears around the chainplate or anywhere inside the boat. Since I
had canned goods stored in the cubbies by the chainplate, I have permanent
rust stains there on the fiberglass. Does anyone know how to clean it off
the rough fiberglass?

Peggy
Hull #536