[C320-list] One Sail in High winds

Ben Cares bcares at caresphotoarts.com
Wed Aug 1 12:22:37 PDT 2012

We sail Lake Erie which can become very windy very quickly. Many times
we'll go out on just the jib or a reefed jib in windy conditions (last
weekend 17-24 kts). Someimes a bit of weather helm but usually just fine.
Doesn't point as well obviously but we're not racing. The boat sails better
under jib alone than main alone. Best balance is with a single or double
reef and the jib rolled to the conditions, but sometimes just too much work!
Ben
Catch the Wind #35

--
PhotoGraphic Arts