[C320-list] Microwave again

Simon Rock simonrock at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 13:53:35 PDT 2012

Hi,
Recently while flushing my water tanks, I noticed that the bilge pump was
tripping the circuit breaker after 10 to 20 seconds of pumping. If I reset
the breaker straight away, it would run for a few seconds and then trip it
again.
So i started to check the pump. I could not find anything in the strainer,
or in the pump intake.
So I removed the pump and tested it in a bucket of fresh water. The same
thing happened. So I contacted Rule (its a Rule 2000), and they said they
would replace it under warranty - great service.

But, while I had the pump out, I noticed a lot of rust around one of the
keel bolts. I cleaned up the rust, but wonder why this bolt is rusty. Did
they use an incorrect washer? As it was the bolt next to the pump, I wonder
if the rusty material has got sucked into the pump and caused it to fail?

As the boat and pump are still under warranty, I will contact the Catalina
dealer and get their comment and organise them to fix it.

But I would appreciate any informed comments from the group.

Cheers

Simon Rock
Lake Macquarie NSW Australia

Cat375 #54 Rock The Boat