[C320-list] Middle River MD

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:40:01 PDT 2012

Annapolis to Maryland Marina is about 27nm.  It's a full day cruise for us.
I can recommend on Back Creek: Annapolis Landing Marina and Port Annapolis
Marina.  Also, there are Annapolis city moorings on Back Creek, they are
just past Port Annapolis and numbered in the 70's.  They are $30/day.  There
are also, moorings in Annapolis Harbor as well on Spa Creek past the bridge.
Do use ActiveCaptain.com for info and reviews.  Davis Pub on Back Creek is a
fun place for Sundowners, lunch, dinner.  There are also a bunch of good
restaurants in East Port, a walk from a dinghy landing.  I can also
recommend Boat Yard Bar & Grill.  For the "true" Annapolis experience, in
downtown Annapolis around the harbor there are a bunch of good restaurants
of all styles.

Middle Rive to Havre de Grace is 30nm.  Because of the restricted approach
to HDG, it's mostly motor.  To make it an easier trip, plan on an anchorage
at Still Pond, which is above Worton Creek on the Eastern Shore.  Don't go
into the creek; but, turn South before the marked entrance into a deep cove.
Likely you'll find other boats in there.  Somewhat open to the Bay with a N.
exposure; but, you can crab back into the cove for more protection.  Good
swimming and beaches you can use.  There are no protected anchorages between
Still Pond and HDG unless you go up the Sassafras R. to Turner Creek.

Once in HDG, consider the town marina on the So. end of town.  There are
other marinas including Tidewater that is closer to the heart of HDG.

Enjoy.  Let us know how it went.  Hopefully, we'll see you at Md Marina on
Wed.  We're in slip 725.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"