[C320-list] Charger/Inverter

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 6 19:28:55 PST 2012

Tim,
Refer to my email of 17 January as follows

 "Carefully remove the offending charger, stand on the bow of the boat well
away from any electrical interference, and throw the thing as far as you
can, careful not to hit any other boats in the marina, then go out and buy
and fit a Xantrex 40 "

Maybe not such a good idea if you are not in the water but the principle
remains. There has been a lot of discussion about chargers of late and the
Xantrex seems to come out on top. We`ve had ours about a year and a half and
it has been fine. Maybe a bit noisy but we don`t sleep on the boat on the
marina as we live opposite, so it`s not a problem.

Regards
Colin Evans
Watermark #774
Lake Macquarie, Australia