[C320-list] Water Temp warning light

Marko Jamnik mjamnik at markocreative.net
Mon Jul 9 07:12:23 PDT 2012

> Things just keep happening. One way of keeping me on my toes.

Ventured out for a sail the other day and everything was working normal, the engine started, water was circulating through the engine.
Twenty minutes under power my water temp light came on as well as the alarm. The gauge was a normal 80c, the coolant was full, the impeller was changed two years ago with 44 hours on the new one. My intake filter is clear. I ran the engine for approximate 30 minutes gauge still reading 80c and then I decided time to shut it down. I let it cool down and then tried it again hoping it was a temporary thing.
I would appreciate any other options I may have over looked. With the gauge being normal I ruled out the thermostat.

Mark
Lake Ontario