[C320-list] Air Conditioning

Brian Carol Mclamb bjcnmclamb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 05:42:19 PDT 2012

Hello Donald.  I have a 16,000 btu unit located in port lazarette.  It is a Mermaid brand that we have had since 2006 and are very happy with its performance.  We are in NC near Pamlico Sound so the reverse cycle is wonderful.  It has electronic thermostat on bulkhead just outside the head facing the dining table.  To is programmable so it is pleasure to use for day and sleeping temperatures.  One duct comes in above the fridge near cabinets facing the stove.  The other is in the aft stateroom along with the return.  We use a fan in the salon to assist in air circulation sometimes.  Only down fall is tho arrangement did not include duct to the v berth area.  This is where the fan helps.  I did not do the installation so am not able to answer the wiring question.  The seacock for the Mermaid is located a short distance behind the engine raw water seacock in the aft stateroom so it is easy to open/close the appropriate combination for sailing or at dock.  Hope this helps.  I will be at the boat Monday if you have other questions.

Brian s/v Serenity #1075

Sent from my iPad