[C320-list] battery/charger issue

Chris Descher cdescher at cedtulsa.com
Mon May 14 05:55:21 PDT 2012

This weekend I noticed a bad smell in the boat and thought that it might be
the head.  I got a pumpout, but the smell remained.  Motoring back to the
dock I started going through the cabin searching for the source.  It turned
out to be the 4D house battery.  The acid was boiling out, and it took more
than an hour for it to cool down enough that I could disconnect and remove
it.  This battery is less than two years old, and I've always maintained the
liquid level.  The boat is a 1998 model, and I still have the original
charger.  Any guesses as to whether this was a battery problem or a charger
problem?  The starting battery seems to be fine.

Chris Descher