[C320-list] Genoa reefing line cleat

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Thu May 17 15:46:57 PDT 2012

More of the load is carried by the sheet than the furling line, which will
have at least several turns around the drum. The ratchet block should be
attached close to the deck where the leverage on the through bolts is
smallest. I use a similar attachment  to the stern pulpit for my spinnaker
blocks. They're mounted close to the deck and the through bolts are at least
as strong as anything on a padeye. Works great.

DENNY BROWNE
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach, CA
Denny at DennyBrowne.com