[C320-list] Internal boom rigging

Irving Grunes igrunes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 07:41:27 PDT 2012

On #851 the line that goes straight thru the boom , we us for the reefing
line
We finally figured out that the floating block is what we use for our
outhaul.
It is rigged so that the line that comes out of the boom at the mast end
goes thru the floating  block and comes back to the mast inside the boom an
is fixed to the mast end of the boom in side the boom.
Then the line from the Becket of the floating block goes over the sheave at
the end of the boom and we tie to the slide for the sail clew outhaul.
You can see this arrangement in the Charleston Mast Manual on the website.
Hope this makes sense,
Irv Grunes
2001 #851