[C320-list] oil pan gasket dripping

Bruce Heyman bruceheyman at cox.net
Mon Apr 22 07:31:31 PDT 2013

There are many places that the oil could be coming from, including the oil
pan.  I use Simply Green and paper towels to keep the engine as clean as
possible.  If you wipe all around the oil pan and above it you should be
able to monitor where the leak might be coming from.

After cleaning and running the engine for a while try wiping above the oil
pan/block and look at the paper towel for any sign of oil.

Oil pan leak would not have been my first guess unless the engine was brand
new or recently underwent major over haul.

Bruce Heyman
bruceheyman at cox.net
(949) 289-8400
Somerset #671 Dana Point, CA