[C320-list] Steering "clunk"

Kaare Wold sailor3952 at charter.net
Fri Aug 16 20:26:03 PDT 2013

Thanks so much for the information.  My mechanical engineering sense would
suggest a bearing of some kind supports a rotating metal shaft on each end.
Lessons learned.  Sort of surprised that this critical component simply
rattles around in a plastic tube.   I will try the milk bottle shim
technique you suggested.  Very clever!  Our slip is in very still water, so
the wheel lock is not used.  However, I am unable to speak for the two
previous owners and that may have contributed to the enlarged tolerances.
Thank you for your help!
Kaare Wold