[C320-list] Steering "clunk"

clburti at gmail.com clburti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 20:34:43 PDT 2013

Bushings or bearings are really not required with no more action than a rudder usually experiences. I’d bet on the nut being loose on a boat of your vintage. When Hurricane Ophelia deposited Commitment in the cypress swamp, the rudder post was bent dragging her out by the stern. They forgot to put the bolt in properly when they installed the new rudder and we endured the same symptoms until we got it back in correctly.

Fair Winds
Chris Burti
Commitment
Catalina 320, #867