[C320-list] whisker pole and mast pad eye height

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 23 13:30:05 PDT 2013

I can't say this is all correct; but, it's what I did.  Our pole is an old
telescoping pole out to 12'.  I bought Forespar stanchion mounts to store
it. I used a standard mast eye with 4 holes.  The eye base is curved to fit
the radius of the mast (more or less,) and large enough to easily
accommodate the fitting on the pole. I located it while sailing by attaching
the pole to the jib sheet and marked where it would attach to the mast with
the pole level with the deck.  I drilled and tapped the mast using a stop so
I would be sure to not drill into the cable conduit inside the mast.  Be
sure to use a thread lock material so there will be no corrosion between the
mast and bolts.
Look for tips on the net and videos on YouTube: they're there.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"