[C320-list] Boat lift

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Sat May 11 10:03:24 PDT 2013

Diane - Again, I suggest reading the Interlux material before making such an
investment.  For example, you can put ablative on top of hard paint (but not
vice versa).  As you sail through the water, the ablative acts like a bar of
soap, wearing away and taking the nasties with it.  Add a multi-season
ablative (which means you can haul and re-launch without hurting the paint)
with biocide and you have a pretty powerful fighter of the nasties.  Of
course, you gotta' sail to mak ablative work!  What I am not sure of, and
this is one of the reasons why I recommend a thorough search of the Interlux
site, is if ablative paint is appropriate for the FL area in which you sail.
What gives the Interlux site a lot of credibility with me is that they
recommend a base coat of one color of paint then another color on top of
that then don't re-paint until you see the first color! - Allan