[C320-list] Head tank Smells??

millers1 at aol.com millers1 at aol.com
Sun Oct 13 06:16:59 PDT 2013

I recently purchased a C320 , 2000, hull  #680, and plan to try and eliminate the holding tank smell and possible
problems discussed below:
What I know:  All the tank hoses appear to be up-graded to the "Black Hose" except for the vent
                      hose.  Did the C320 come with black hoses or white?
                       The macerator will allow leakage back into the tank.  Concur the hull valve should
                       always be shut for compliance.
                       I have an in tank "rod/float" that provides some info on the fullness of the tank.
                       Because the tank is lower than the head, the head slowly drains to the tank (the
                        head pump "one way valves" are not zero leakage). So the ultimate indication of
                       when the tank needs to be pumped is I see the water not draining as fast as normal from the head bowl.
                       I have no idea how to get to the hull vent outlet or how that fitting works( I have read earlier posts
                       but still feel it will be an adventure..... Any pictures, guidance on how to get to the hull vent
                       connection would be appreciated.
                       Is the area accessible by removing head cabinets???  From what I have hear so far
                       I am beginning to think it might be easier to run a new vent line to an area near the present vent
                       but is more accessible(???).
             Ken, keep us posted on your efforts.  It will be a week or so before I take on this project.  I likewise
will let you know what I find.
Other than winterizing the boat the work list is fairly short for the boat.
I have noticed a hairline crack in the gel-coat where the "stern sugar scoop" goes vertical with the stern.
So when I have looked more closely at it (from inside??), I will ask this site  if anyone has some experience with
a fix.
Thanks,

Art,     Liberty   #680