[C320-list] Engine room noise

Nat Antler nantler at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 12 08:13:07 PDT 2013

I have the same vintage boat with the Perkins M30. The previous owner lined the compartment with 1.5" x 12"  thick foam & mylar film insulation panels. It works very well. WM sells similar material in rolls but the adhesive backed squares would be easier to install. Not sure where to get them though. Harbor Freight?

Vibration at low RPMs is a problem. Our Perkins manual specifies 1100 min. and any lower than that causes it to run too rough. We tried to set the idle lower but it wasn't happy.

Nat,
"Natiki" 1994 #161
San Diego