[C320-list] Diesel Leak on Starboard tack

Greg Flanagan greg.flanagan at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 4 13:10:32 PDT 2014

I had my fuel polished. The polisher used my sending unit port for access. He stripped the tapped screws, didn't tell me and I had the classic leaking problems with a full tank. I repaired this by fabricating a flange out of plastic wood. I bolted this flange with a gasket to the tank using the tapped screw holes. In this flange I had installed five bolts in the same pattern sticking up. To these I attached the sending unit ( with gasket) and nuts. The flange will now stay on forever. And I have a stud assembly for attaching and detaching the sending unit whenever. Problem permanently solved. I can post a write up of the repair with pictures if helpful.

Greg,

Hoop Dancer # 1076