[C320-list] Pad Eye on mast

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Tue Jan 7 19:58:56 PST 2014

Thanks for the info. What do you think about a plastic pad-eye fastened with
aluminum rivets to solve the dissimilar metals problem?  My plan is to only
use the whisker pole in light wind with wing on wing.
My personal view is to try to cater for the unlikely.  Even if you only plan
to use the whisker pole in light winds, the wind doesn't always play ball.
The last thing you need if an unexpected wind gust or front hits you is for
the pad eye to give way when you already have your hands full.  I would use
a stainless fitting fastened with monel rivets.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141